HOPE Bumps: Join the Conversation
HOPE recognizes that not everyone has the ability or desire to give a full talk or workshop, but we do think everyone has something to contribute. Which is why we're announcing HOPE Bumps.
We invite people from all over the world to share a short video clip (between ten seconds and a minute), or an image, or even just a short message, which we will display on our live stream between talks, seen by thousands of people all around the world during our nine day online event.
So take a moment and record yourself saying hi to everyone at HOPE! We want to see greetings from all over the world! You can just say who or where you are, tell us (quickly) about something cool you're working on, share some serious or semi-serious thoughts - whatever you want to share with HOPE attendees!
We believe that in these difficult times, the need to connect is more important than ever. Anyone is welcome to submit a bump to be shown during the conference, even if you did not purchase a HOPE ticket. We will also accept bumps in any language, because they will be seen all around the world.
Instagram Upload Instructions:
Create your video as normal, and share it with the @HOPEConf Instagram account. Alternatively, you can email the link to it to email@example.com.
Tiktok Upload Instructions:
Create your video, and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youtube Upload Instructions (click to expand)
2. Click the camera icon with the + sign on the right side of the page.
2a. Click the “Upload video” button.
2b. This will open the Youtube Creator page, with the upload tab already open for you.
3. Select a video to upload. 3a. Upload a video that can be up to 1 minute long to be used as a HOPE 2020 bump.
4. After your video is uploading to YouTube, you will be able to edit your video description and settings. 4a. Here you can edit your title and descriptions.
4b. You can use the defaults on this page if you want.
4c. Add "Hope 2020 bump" under tags if you want more people to see.
5. Click next on this page
6. You can skip the video element tab and change the final set of settings in “Visibility”.
7. Choose unlisted if you want the video to be only viewable if you have the URL to it. Otherwise, choose public.
8. Click publish and send us the url at email@example.com.
General Video Sharing Instructions:
If you do not want to use any of the other methods, please upload the video to our nextcloud. If you have any issues, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.